The 2016 IAB conference is taking place in Edinburgh. We are delighted to have a confirmed list of symposia.
- Nuffield Council on Bioethics: Are we Making Progress in Bioethics?
- WHO and Wellcome Trust: Bioethics at the World Health Organisation
- Farr Institute of Health Informatics: Governance Interoperability in Health Research Regulation
- “Art + Bioéthique”: Interdisciplinary Dialogue on Art as a Catalyst for Exchanges and Knowledge Transfer
Global Bioethics Symposia
- Ethics and regulation of global beauty practices and procedures
- Ethics in evidence generation and research during humanitarian responses to public health crises
- Ethical challenges in the quest to cure HIV
- WHO TB Ethics Guidance Document: The Next Iteration
- Implementing ethical guidelines in response to epidemics
- Perspectives from the Global South: Perspectives for the Global South: Problematizing Assumptions Underlying the ‘Global South-Global North’ Geographical Imaginary & as to Who is ‘Building Capacity’ or ‘Achieving Competency’ in Global Health and Global Health Ethics Initiatives
- Ethical considerations of health databases and biobanks: the open policy-making process of the World Medical Association
- Towards the Development of Ethics Guidance for the Conduct and Review of Health Policy and Systems Research
Public Health Symposia
- Adam Smith at the Bedside: The Influence of ‘The Theory of Moral Sentiments’ in Clinical Bioethics Consultation
- How Climate Change Compounds Social Injustice
- After Ebola: Challenges facing Infectious Diseases Biobanking
- Changing Regimes of Research Ethics Governance: A Comparative Perspective
- Developing a Framework for Genomic and Biobanking Research in Africa
- Ethical Judgments: Re-Writing Medical Law
- UK mitochondrial research and legislation: cutting edge or out on a limb?
- Exchanging experiences of dealing with facts and values: STS and bioethics
- What is enough? Sufficiency, justice and health
- In it together? The role of solidarity in promoting public interests in biomedicine and public health
- New Crossroads for Bioethics, Environment, and the Brain Sciences: Environmental Neuroethics
- The Ethics of Complex Bodily Exchange
- Ethical issues in efforts to expand access to investigational drugs
- Consent for secondary use of clinical data for research
- What does it mean to regulate in the public interest?